THE DEATH TALK
A virtual presentation exploring death, dying & grief
Purchase The Death Talk Recording
On September 28th, we hosted The Death Talk to a live, sold-out audience in West Vancouver, BC. On October 13th, we presented The Death Talk ~ Virtual to a sold-out audience online, with guests joining from around the world.
For $15 CAD, you can now purchase the 2 hour edited version, complete with four powerful presentations, a thought-provoking roundtable discussions, and a Q/A with Sheryl MacKay. Upon purchase, you will be sent a link to our pre-recorded presentation to watch on your own time.
Who We Are
We’re part of a global deathcare movement that is inspiring millions of people to ask the question: how can we better support ourselves and each other at the end of life?
What This Is
The event consists of four powerful presentations, a round table discussion, and a question and answer period. We cover a wide-range of topics and share personal stories along the way.
Why We're Doing It
We believe it’s never too early to talk about death, and the more we talk about it, the better off we will be. We also want to make these conversations light and easy, offering you a place to start.
Sheryl MacKay is a radio and television broadcaster with more than four decades of experience. She was host and producer of CBC's North by Northwest and she recently launched: Listen With Sheryl Mackay. She is a newly trained End of Life Doula and is wanting to shine a light on conversations that surround death, dying and grief.
- Holistic advance care planning
- Navigating healthcare and deathcare
- End of life decisions and options, including MAiD
- Green burial, direct cremation, aquamation
- Living funerals, celebrations of life, and ceremony ideas
- Talking to kids about death and dying
- Grief rituals and death anniversaries
Interested in learning more?
- Watch Alua Arthur’s TED Talk: Why thinking about death helps you live a better life
- Take the End of Life Doula course at Douglas College
- Check out The Death Deck ~ a party game to share stories about life and death
- Read our post The Role of the Death Doula
- Free tools from WillowEOL Education